Wednesday, January 20, 2010

August 9th 2009

Already the drawers next to our bed in the guesthouse are beginning to mirror yours in sundance.
It seems the term night-stand applies
more liberally as "day"-night-stand.
Why do they even call it a stand?
It does nothing of the sort
but instead,
is the perfect image of stillness.
I've decided then
to call it a day-sit
from this time forward
from this time still stagnant
forever.
I'm glad I've married a stand
er.
Someone who wants to go somewhere
and I never fear
Rolling over in bed
my love silent beside me
and kissing the night stand.
I mean the day sit.
No
you are alive and not
content to sit
still.
And allow the papers
the leafs of my life
to lie
in your
quiet
wooden
arms.
No.
you are the words
you are the movement
the moment
my soul sits upon
lips
you read out to me
and in those endless eyes
I live.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com