Saturday, February 13, 2010

We did it together.

remember the day that was perfectly sunny?

We went and bought a bag of frozen berries, a gallon of ice cream and mushed them all together

and ate them melting slowly
in my orange cups
reading A Good Man is Hard to Find
on the blanket outside in the sun

while you
ironically
sniffling
stubbornly

as you read
in the heat,
you had a cold.

But even if the weather wouldn't have allowed it,
I know I would have been warm

like the day we built a fort inside
all over the living room
and read peter pan in hushed accents

as the rain poured outside

the letters poured on the page

and we tickled each other until we broke a chair.

How did we do that?

I ask myself that question way too often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com